Independent Autism SEND Advocacy & Training. Putting Families first, we just make SENDse.
Hi and Welcome
With over 15 years personal experience of Autism and SEND, and trying to get the correct support for my family. I now want to share my knowledge. I’m fully insured and trained.
I am a parent carer of two children with opposing Needs. My eldest is autistic with Auditory (APD) and Sensory (SPD) Processing Disorders, Hypercausis, Misophonia, social Anxiety, Sleep difficulties, and very likely Selective Mutism. My youngest is asthmatic, with identified Sensory Needs; he’s my own Tigger Tornado.
Being an autistic adult has helped me better understand my children’s needs. I have severe unilateral sensorial hearing loss, and HEDS (a connective tissue disorder).
Based in Devon, SW; primarily covering Exeter, Mid Devon.
Accredited Courses and Training
- Full Enhanced DBS checked.
- Paediatric First Aid trained.
- Fully Insured.
- Emotional Regulation and Interoception (CPD Accredited).
- Autism and Anxiety (CPD Accredited).
- Supporting Translating Child/Young Voices views across. (CPD Accredited).
- SEND Diploma levels 1,2,3 & 4 currently. (Levels 1 & 2 completed).
- Autism Awareness.
- Autism and Social Needs.
- ADHD Awareness.
- Anxiety Disorders and ADHD Recovery. (accredited by National Counselling Society).
- SEND Diploma.
- Sensory Processing Disorder Awareness.
- Understanding and Applying Sensory Processing.
- Understanding Executive Functions.
- Mental Capacity Act
- PDA Awareness.
- Play Therapy.
- Nutrition Awareness.
- Allergy Trained, including EPI pen trained.
- Challenging Behaviours.
- NAS Autism Awareness.
- EHCP Training.
- SEN Law Foundation.
- SEN and Disability Law.
- Safeguarding Level 2 trained.
- HOPE ASD/ADHD Parent Carer Course completed.
- HOPE (Help Overcoming Problems Effectively) Course Facilitator trained.
- Risk Assessment Trained.
- Fully Insured.
- child psychology= (currently completing)
- Trained in Early Help, Devon Graduated Framework and Right for Children.
- NAS Autism in Women
- @myausomegirl blogger
My Ausome Girl blog
My Ausome Girl latest blog.
Does your Child mask in school?
Explode at home?
Do school understand masking?